AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Idiotic, altruistic, OZschwitz financier: I want to die with nothing, I want my last check to bounce, I want to give it all away

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Idiotic, altruistic, OZschwitz financier: I want to die with nothing, I want my last check to bounce, I want to give it all away Vide
PostSubject: Idiotic, altruistic, OZschwitz financier: I want to die with nothing, I want my last check to bounce, I want to give it all away   Idiotic, altruistic, OZschwitz financier: I want to die with nothing, I want my last check to bounce, I want to give it all away Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:43 am

The 19th-century American steel baron Andrew Carnegie said: ''The man who dies rich dies disgraced.'' It might become a fitting epitaph for Simon Mordant, the Sydney financier and leading philanthropist who plans to take none of his fortune with him.

Idiotic, altruistic, OZschwitz financier: I want to die with nothing, I want my last check to bounce, I want to give it all away Ipadartwidesimonmordant

Mr Mordant is rich. He is a multi-millionaire. But he does not plan to die that way.

''I hope my last cheque bounces,'' he told The Sun-Herald. ''I want to die with nothing.''

So Mr Mordant plans to give it all away before he dies. And he has made a good start. He and his wife, Catriona, gave $15 million to the Museum of Contemporary Art two years ago, rescuing the gallery's long-delayed plans to redevelop the 1940s former Maritime Services building at Circular Quay. The Mordants' generosity was instrumental in pushing the federal and NSW governments to each contribute $13 million to the $53 million MCA extension, or Mordant Wing, which opened on Thursday and attracted big crowds yesterday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/well-be-richer-if-our-last-cheque-bounces-20120331-1w53p.html#ixzz1qmRfzYLF
Back to top Go down

Idiotic, altruistic, OZschwitz financier: I want to die with nothing, I want my last check to bounce, I want to give it all away

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: According To AnCaps, The Idiot Of The Week Award Nominees Are...-