The racket: Greedy old geezers don't want Ron Paul to end the welfare state

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

The racket: Greedy old geezers don't want Ron Paul to end the welfare state Vide
PostSubject: The racket: Greedy old geezers don't want Ron Paul to end the welfare state   The racket: Greedy old geezers don't want Ron Paul to end the welfare state Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:23 am

I am rapidly approaching the age at which I will qualify for senior fares on NJ Transit.

Being a cheapskate, I will gladly take advantage of them.

But I am not a fan of the political positions taken by the great mass of senior citizens.

There's a reason they call these people "greedy geezers."

Look at the exit polls from the two recent GOP primaries.

Here's how the South Carolina vote broke down by age group:

Ron Paul won 31 percent of voters 18 to 29, 22 percent of voters 30 to 39, 30 percent of voters 40 to 49, 11 percent of voters 50 to 64, and 7 percent of voters 65 years old and over.

Results in Florida were similar. There, just 3 percent of oldsters supported Paul while almost a third of those 21-29 did.

The reason is not far to seek. Paul promises to let young people leave Social Security and Medicare. Those two programs add up to a 15 percent tax on every young person's income.

That money will go directly to the geezers.

Little or nothing will be set aside for these kids when they reach age 65.

Any oldster with a conscience would oppose that generational theft. That so few do shows why the "greedy geezer" label applies. As you can see in the video below, seniors are happy to enrich themselves at the expense of the young.

The good news for the good guys: Every day more and more young people are wising up. No matter how much the Republican Party wishes Ron Paul would go away, his movement has a steady stream of new recruits.

Theirs does not.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2012/02/greedy_geezers_dont_want_ron_p.html
Back to top Go down

The racket: Greedy old geezers don't want Ron Paul to end the welfare state

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-