HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Funny: Brokering a deal in Wellbeing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Funny: Brokering a deal in Wellbeing  Vide
PostSubject: Funny: Brokering a deal in Wellbeing    Funny: Brokering a deal in Wellbeing  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:07 am

I OVERHEARD a couple of finance industry types gushing about the Herald's new Wellbeing Index in my local cafe yesterday. I think it was something about the word ''index'' which rang their bells.

The chaps were almost choking on their lattes with excitement and were positively brimming with ideas for further exploitation of the Herald's concept.

Funny: Brokering a deal in Wellbeing  Art-353-heckler-200x0

They seemed to think that since in their world indexes move up and down constantly, there could be value in some kind of smoothing system to knock out the fluctuations. What they had in mind was a Wellbeing Equalisation Scheme.

They discussed this idea at great length, but the stumbling block was that for it to work effectively some mechanism for forward-buying of Wellbeing would be required.

They felt that forward-buying could only really work if Wellbeing could somehow be unitised so that it could be tradeable on the open market, perhaps on some sort of third board where it could be kept separate from old economy stocks and bonds.

Wellbeing bonds could have a face value which would, of necessity, have a dollar value dependent on their term.

I must admit these guys lost me a bit, but they seemed especially excited about the idea of trading in Wellbeing futures, which would be a derivative of the basic Wellbeing bond. From there they reckoned that astute traders would be able to package up Wellbeing bonds and sell them to super funds, which would then be able to bask in a marvellous Wellbeing glow at the same time as pumping much needed funds back into the traders' hands.

This, in turn, would boost the Wellbeing of those traders - although they recognised that given the nature of Wellbeing it would be at a discounted rate since, as the Herald has been careful to point out, money is only one part of the Wellbeing matrix.

You've got to hand it to 'em, these boys are really on the ball. It didn't take them long to realise that as there are such huge gulfs between high Wellbeing parts of the world like Australia and lower Wellbeing zones of the developing world, an opportunity for international trade in Wellbeing paper was sitting there like a giant vacuum waiting to be filled.

They imagined a world where Wellbeing could be moved electronically around across continents; a giant wave of Wellbeing equality sweeping the globe. A tsunami of Wellbeing. And a good earner, too.

It struck me that even if the Wellbeing market collapsed, you would only end up miserable, not broke and miserable as we are now.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/brokering-a-deal-in-wellbeing-20111212-1orh4.html#ixzz1gP6gd78r
Back to top Go down

Funny: Brokering a deal in Wellbeing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-