View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Honest Man, Brennan Breene,  Returns Lost $3,600 to Newlyweds Vide
PostSubject: Honest Man, Brennan Breene, Returns Lost $3,600 to Newlyweds   Honest Man, Brennan Breene,  Returns Lost $3,600 to Newlyweds Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 am

The honesty of a motorist in the right place at the right time turned out to be an unexpected wedding gift for two Pennsylvania newlyweds.

Brennan Breene returned an envelope stuffed with $3,600 to David and Ashley Marasco of Bridgeville, Pa., who had driven off Sunday with the envelope on the trunk of their car.
Speaking to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Breene, a real estate appraiser, said he was driving home Sunday after visiting his mother at an assisted living facility. His mind was wandering, thinking about the first Father's Day he's spent without his father, who died last year.

It was then, Breene said, that he saw an envelope lying in the middle of the road on Washington Pike, a busy highway southwest of Pittsburgh. It had cash hanging out of it.
He pulled over and cautiously went into the road to pick up the envelope.
"If nobody claimed it, I guess I would've kept it," he told the Post-Gazette. "I figured, in a couple of days, I'd go to the police with it."

The next morning, however, he looked for news reports about lost money. He found a report on a local TV station's website about a couple who lost $3,600 of their wedding money.
"I come from a big Irish Catholic family, and my parents kind of instilled in us to do the right thing," Breene told the paper.
Within minutes of realizing he had the Marascos' money, Breene went to Bridgeville police to turn it in. There at the police station, he met the bride's mother, who was grateful and relieved.

The Marascos had driven away Sunday with their wedding photo album on top of the trunk of their car -- and the envelope with the money was inside. Another driver alerted them to the wedding album on the car, but when the Marascos pulled over, the envelope with the cash was already missing.

"To be quite honest with you, I would have loved to have had $3,600," said Breene, whose business has suffered a downturn. "But my better conscience said it wasn't mine."

http://www.gnn.com/article/man-returns-lost-3600-to-pennsylvania/1131615

Applause
Back to top Go down

Honest Man, Brennan Breene, Returns Lost $3,600 to Newlyweds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-