HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped   OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:20 pm

I am not a mocker, says feted Greer

THE writer and feminist Germaine Greer has defended herself against accusations of sneering at Australia, spoken of being spat on in public following her criticism of Steve Irwin after his death, and denounced academic feminism and the print media, and called for anger over the mismanagement of Australia's river systems.

Her address yesterday at the Adelaide Writers' Week received a standing ovation. Before a huge, sweltering crowd only marginally smaller than the record-breaking audience of 2500 attracted by the English novelist Ian McEwan on Wednesday, the speech concluded an event titled The Legacy Of Germaine Greer, an event in which Greer herself was a panellist.

For 40 minutes the tone was that of homage as the writers Robyn Davidson, Georgia Blain and Deborah Robertson spoke in turn of Greer's contribution to feminism in general and their lives in particular since the publication of her seminal work The Female Eunuch in 1970.

Yesterday Greer, 69, in her first appearance at Writers' Week stood, and, fittingly for a session addressing her legacy, revealed her own thoughts about how she thought she was perceived.

"It is not true that I sneer at Australia. If I groan about the mismanagement of this continent it is not because I despise it or its people. It's because both the land and the people deserve better."

Greer, who was attacked for criticising Irwin in the weeks following his death, said she was misrepresented by the media, and to her cost.

"I get told again and again that I'm doing a live telecast, and it isn't. As with the three-hour ordeal that produced whatever it was you saw, of what I had to say, about what I wrote about Steve Irwin. And that has been a difficulty and that has involved me being spat on in public places for whatever reason.

"If I am critical of someone like Steve Irwin it is because I think his approach to conservation is profoundly misguided. And that is why I did it.
"

Link
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped Vide
PostSubject: Re: OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped   OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Greer should get her useless cunt slapped too!
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz: Imbecil feminist Germaine Greer gets bitch slapped

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: According To AnCaps, The Idiot Of The Week Award Nominees Are...-