AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Fuck your statist injustice: Doctor's killer sentenced to life in prison -- He should be freed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Fuck your statist injustice: Doctor's killer sentenced to life in prison -- He should be freed Vide
PostSubject: Fuck your statist injustice: Doctor's killer sentenced to life in prison -- He should be freed   Fuck your statist injustice: Doctor's killer sentenced to life in prison -- He should be freed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Scott Roeder, the man convicted of killing a Kansas doctor in May 2009, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison with no parole eligibility for 50 years.

Roeder was facing a minimum mandatory life sentence, but a Kansas judge had the power to decide whether he could be eligible for parole after 25 years or after 50 years.

Roeder was convicted in January of murdering Dr. George Tiller, who operated a clinic in Wichita, Kansas, where late-term abortions were performed. Tiller was shot to death in the foyer of Reformation Lutheran Church in Wichita, Kansas, as Sunday services began.

"The blood of babies is on your hands," Roeder shouted as he was led out of court in handcuffs.

Speaking at his sentencing, Roeder said Thursday that he agonized over the decision to kill the Kansas doctor, but said the act was done so that Tiller could not "kill again."

"It was the most agonizing and stressful decision I have ever had to make, and it took years to come to this conclusion, especially with the knowledge that I may never see my son, my daughter or my family again," Roeder said at his sentencing at the Sedgwick County Courthouse in Wichita.

"It is the duty of the state of Kansas to protect all of the people, including those whom George Tiller killed. Had the courts acted rightfully, I would have not shot George Tiller," he said.

"The blame for George Tiller's death lies more with the state of Kansas than with me," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/01/kansas.abortion.roeder.sentence/

HERO!

Applause
Back to top Go down

Fuck your statist injustice: Doctor's killer sentenced to life in prison -- He should be freed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-