Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andrergsanchez

Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life   Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:45 am

Quote :
But since you're not open to reason,

I am.

Quote :
here's a suggestion: Anytime you're evaluating any idea, first try and see how it would implement with just you and another person on a desert island. This will give you an inkling into how it will play out in a larger society.

Yes.

Quote :

In the case of "Laws" ie. oppressive edicts, it would work out as follows: There's only you and me on this island... and I just decided to implement "laws" which you are obliged to be subservient to... or else!

As have I.

Quote :

Now, how "just" does that strike you as?

Depends on what the laws are. Are they just laws, or unjust laws?

Quote :

I'll be the "lawgiver" and you'll be the "lawtaker."

Is that so?

Quote :

Doesn't sound too good does it? And it doesn't, because it isn't... be it between just us two... or even a few billion people...

Listen... I cannot control your decisions. I can only control -my- decisions. And my decision would be to make a law, that if you threatened my life, the penalty would be death. My laws exist to protect me from you. If I could just wave a magic wand and make you respect my rights, I suppose I wouldn't need laws.
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

PostSubject: Re: Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life   Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:58 am

Wait a cotton picking minute here... what's this you just smuggled in:

Quote :
In the case of "Laws" ie. oppressive edicts, it would work out as follows: There's only you and me on this island... and I just decided to implement "laws" which you are obliged to be subservient to... or else!

As have I.

No sunshine, there's only one law (mine) and I administer it... just like in every state. And since you're not above the law, your only job is to obey my oppressive edicts... I'll even call them "laws" just so you feel better about them... As for are they just, unjust, half just, etc..? Well... as they say:" "Yours is not to reason why, yours is to obey and die!"

You still in favor of "laws?"
Back to top Go down
andrergsanchez

PostSubject: Re: Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life   Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:14 am

CovOps wrote:
Wait a cotton picking minute here... what's this you just smuggled in:

Quote :

As have I.

No sunshine, there's only one law (mine) and I administer it... just like in every state. And since you're not above the law, your only job is to obey my oppressive edicts... I'll even call them "laws" just so you feel better about them... As for are they just, unjust, half just, etc..? Well... as they say:" "Yours is not to reason why, yours is to obey and die!"

You still in favor of "laws?"

If you don't even understand the concept of "laws", why am I trying to debate with you?
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life   Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:10 am

It's pretty silly to try and patronize me, especially when the real lack of understanding, is flooding from your direction.

The example used is to illustrate the operation of "laws" but only in a limited context of one on one. And just like the state has a monopoly on "laws," so too, on the island, I had it as well.

And just as you don't have "your laws" in a state, so too, you don't have them on the island.

The end result is the same: Two classes of people, the lawmaker and the lawtaker. Now that we have the hierarchy established, you only need to obey... or else!

Not a pretty sight, is it?
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life   Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:28 am

The verbal beatings will continue until morale improves.
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life   Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 am

Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Muttley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life   Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anarchism is Anti-Freedom, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Life

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Intelekchewal Cage-Match :: AnCaps: High Octane One on One Debate-