View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Drug dealers are perfect gurus in a recession Vide
PostSubject: Drug dealers are perfect gurus in a recession   Drug dealers are perfect gurus in a recession Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 am

At the age of 12, he was a drug dealer; at 22, he had nine bullets shot into him at close range; at 23, he had a career change and became a rapper; by 30, he had diversified into clothes, vitamin mineral water and condoms and now, at 32, has pulled off something that Jack Welch didn’t manage until he was 30 years older: 50 Cent is now a management guru.

For the rapper, this latest career move has come early. But for the management guru industry, it is long overdue. Mountaineers, conductors and army generals have all stepped forward to offer their tips for success to managers. But as far as I know, 50, as his fans know him, is the first hustler to give a helping hand to executives on their way to the corner office.

Drug dealing has considerably more overlap with business than playing the violin or climbing a mountain. It’s a competitive, fast growing industry in which the successful have to be even sharper and more flexible than the most driven businessman.

To quote from 50’s “In Da Club”: “I’m fully focused man, my money on my mind/ Got a mil out the deal and I’m still on the grind.”

More: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c8bbd33e-a485-11de-92d4-00144feabdc0.html?nclick_check=1
Back to top Go down

Drug dealers are perfect gurus in a recession

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-