AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Sleepy Joe finally confirms he will run for a second term in 2024 to 'finish the job'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Sleepy Joe finally confirms he will run for a second term in 2024 to 'finish the job' Vide
PostSubject: Sleepy Joe finally confirms he will run for a second term in 2024 to 'finish the job'   Sleepy Joe finally confirms he will run for a second term in 2024 to 'finish the job' Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2023 7:07 pm

US President Joe Biden formally announced his re-election bid today in a three-minute video, appealing to voters to help 'finish the job' started in January 2021.

The 80-year-old will campaign again with Vice President Kamala Harris. Biden will face key opposition from former president and GOP frontrunner Donald Trump, 76, who announced that he would run for the presidency for a third time back in November. Before this morning's announcement, Trump dismissed the 'almost inconceivable' notion Biden would think of running again, given his 'calamitous failure' of a presidency so far.

A head-to-head would be a re-run of the 2020 election campaign, which saw the highest voter turnout since 1952 for Biden to overcome sitting president Trump. The outcome led to baseless allegations of voter fraud and the Capitol Building riot of Trump supporters on 6 January 2021.

British politicians with an eye on the US are watching carefully. Tory MP Craig Mackinlay told MailOnline he was 'surprised' Mr Biden is running again – suggesting he would lose easily if the Republicans put up the right candidate. 'I am surprised he is doing it frankly. Not least because I'm not entirely sure he's quite up to it,' he said.

As Republicans wait to see whether Florida Governor Ron DeSantis will announce his candidacy, Mackinlay warned Trump had strengths but would not be the 'best' option to take on Biden. 'If I was a Republican I would say [DeSantis is] a bit of a cleaner skin, got the right Right-wing policies, younger… perfect to fight Biden.'

.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12011341/Biden-versus-Trump-round-2-President-finally-confirms-running-second-term-2024.html

democrats
Back to top Go down

Sleepy Joe finally confirms he will run for a second term in 2024 to 'finish the job'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-