AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Libertarian Votes Could Save Herschel Walker in Georgia Runoff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Libertarian Votes Could Save Herschel Walker in Georgia Runoff Vide
PostSubject: Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Libertarian Votes Could Save Herschel Walker in Georgia Runoff   Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Libertarian Votes Could Save Herschel Walker in Georgia Runoff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 2:34 am

Georgia Republican Herschel Walker may get a seat in the U.S. Senate with help from the state's Libertarian Party voters as well as from members of his own party, which has historically shown an advantage when it comes to getting its supporters back to the polls.

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Libertarian Votes Could Save Herschel Walker in Georgia Runoff Herschel-walker-raphael-warnock-chase-oliver-georgia

His contentious race with Democratic incumbent Raphael Warnock will go to a runoff election on December 6 after neither candidate received over 50 percent of the vote in Tuesday's election.

Of 3.957 million ballots cast across 159 counties, the Georgia secretary of state's office reported Wednesday that Warnock led with 49.41 percent. He was followed by Walker with 48.52 percent, and Libertarian Chase Oliver with 2.07 percent of the vote. Voter turnout was 56.92 percent.

Oliver, who helped cause the runoff, told Newsweek on Wednesday that his "goals were met." He added, "A runoff will occur and the major parties now need to fight for the Libertarian vote."

In the days leading up to the election, Oliver told Newsweek that it was not his job "to push [constituents] toward one wing or another of a duopoly."

He said that he was aware he was the reason for the runoff, following a campaign that saw his numbers rise to 5 and 6 percent in various polls before Tuesday's vote—realistically enough voters to shift a second election in Walker's or Warnock's favor.

"If there's a runoff, I have already stated I'm willing to provide a forum for both candidates to speak to the Libertarian and independent voters," Oliver said, "but that I won't be endorsing a candidate because it's not my place to tell voters which of the lesser evils they want to pick."

.https://www.newsweek.com/libertarian-votes-georgia-runoff-could-save-herschel-walker-chase-oliver-raphael-warnock-1757660

Victory
Back to top Go down

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Libertarian Votes Could Save Herschel Walker in Georgia Runoff

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-