Republicans will take 'full control' of Congress: Glenn Youngkin on midterms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Republicans will take 'full control' of Congress: Glenn Youngkin on midterms Vide
PostSubject: Republicans will take 'full control' of Congress: Glenn Youngkin on midterms   Republicans will take 'full control' of Congress: Glenn Youngkin on midterms Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 9:14 pm

With just two days until the midterm elections, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin believes that voters will send a "wake-up call" to President Joe Biden, electing Republicans to regain full control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Republicans will take 'full control' of Congress: Glenn Youngkin on midterms Glenn-youngkin-01-ap-iwb-221105_1667664915138_hpMain_16x9_992

Youngkin was responding to ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl, who asked him in an exclusive interview: "First order of business, if Republicans take over the House and Senate, how do they work with President Biden?"

"I think the statement on Tuesday is going to be pretty clear. And I think there will be a larger majority in the House than people may have thought a few months ago," Youngkin answered, adding that he predicts there will be a clear majority in the Senate as well.

"I hope that President Biden sees what Americans are going to say to him on Tuesday, which is 'we're not happy' and we need a different agenda."

Youngkin has been out on the campaign trail alongside several Republicans running in gubernatorial, House and Senate races.

Back in October, Youngkin made several stops in the swing state of Arizona, most notably to stump for far-right gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake.

"Kari Lake talks a heck of a lot about the 2020 election, falsely saying it was rigged, stolen," Karl said to Youngkin in the interview, asking, "You don't agree with that, do you?"

"I've said that President Biden is our president. He was elected our president," Youngkin answered. When Karl followed up asking if Biden's win was legitimate, Youngkin said it was, but shifted to pointing out that the president has "done a bad job."

Since President Biden took office, various GOP elected officials have publicly called for his impeachment, introducing more than a dozen resolutions against him and members of his cabinet. As Karl raised the possibility of impeachment, asking if it would be a mistake to do so, Youngkin said he believes strongly "that our democracy's better when our Congress exercises its oversight functions."

Karl pressed for an answer, asking if he felt an impeachment of Biden was what voters have in mind. "Because I've been hearing that a lot," he said.

Refusing to speculate on what kind of action fellow members of his party would take, Youngkin argued that he was a governor, not a member of Congress, with a duty to "deliver for Virginians."

"But what Republican governors have demonstrated is they have led so much better coming out of this pandemic," Youngkin stated. "Economic recovery, safe communities, delivering in schools, and as I've said, I think every state deserves a Republican governor.

.https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-full-control-congress-glenn-youngkin-midterms-week/story?id=92711084

democrats      profilesincorruption      perpevil
Back to top Go down

Republicans will take 'full control' of Congress: Glenn Youngkin on midterms

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-