View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Shortwave just rescued my inbox from the drudgery of Gmail Vide
PostSubject: Shortwave just rescued my inbox from the drudgery of Gmail   Shortwave just rescued my inbox from the drudgery of Gmail Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2022 9:12 pm

The Google Inbox successor I’ve been waiting for

Shortwave just rescued my inbox from the drudgery of Gmail VRG_Illo_5099_K_Radtke_Shortwave.0

When Google killed its Gmail alternative Inbox in 2018, it promised that several of its ideas would eventually come to Gmail. While some did arrive, most of what made Inbox a success, such as “bundles,” never did. Instead, in the following years, Google has shoehorned its entire productivity suite into Gmail to push people into using the rest of its Workspace services. And it’s about to get worse as Google gears up to roll out a major Gmail update that’s more cluttered than ever.

Gmail’s evolving interface works for those invested in Google’s ecosystem, but it does little to save people from the drudgery of sifting through their messy inboxes every day. It’s easy to see why: it still dumps on you a list of emails with no real structure beyond an unpredictable set of filters for keeping out promotional messages, spam, and social media updates.

The email apps that offer to fix Gmail’s shortcomings have been equally disappointing for me: Newton Mail couldn’t keep an owner, nor my trust. Spark had too many features I didn’t need. Superhuman, a $30 / month email app that wants to make you “feel like you have superpowers,” overpromises and underdelivers. But after years of app hopping, my search for a Google Inbox successor may be finally coming to an end, thanks to a refreshingly minimalistic new Gmail client called Shortwave.

.https://www.theverge.com/22990303/shortwave-email-google-gmail-inbox-successor-hands-on
Back to top Go down

Shortwave just rescued my inbox from the drudgery of Gmail

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-