View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail for staging hate crime Vide
PostSubject: Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail for staging hate crime   Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail for staging hate crime Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 12:54 am

Jussie Smollett has been sentenced to 150 days in jail and 30 months of probation for staging a hate crime against himself. The actor — who received support from some Hollywood friends but failed to sway an obviously displeased judge — faced a maximum sentence of three years in state prison.

The ruling was handed down to the erstwhile Empire star, 39, by Judge James B. Linn at Chicago's George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse on Thursday. The judge did not hold back when sentencing the actor, whom he called "profoundly arrogant," "selfish" and a "narcissistic," at the end of a wild hearing that took almost six hours. The marathon session ended with an outburst from Smollett, who maintained his innocence throughout, before he was taken immediately to jail.

"I am not suicidal," Smollett yelled in the courtroom. "I am not suicidal. I am innocent and I am not suicidal. If I did this then it means I stuck my fist in the fears of Black Americans in this country for over 400 years, and the fears of the LGBT community. Your honor, I respect you and I respect the jury, but I did not do this and I am not suicidal. And if anything happens to me when I go in there, I did not do it to myself and you must all know that. I respect you, your honor. I respect your decision. ... I am not suicidal."

Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail for staging hate crime 0583afc0-a0af-11ec-bffd-dfce01746881

.https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-sentenced-jail-hoax-hate-crime-010546302.html

blacklivesmattnot
Back to top Go down

Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail for staging hate crime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-