View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Filthy Indian Statists: Slumdog Star's 'Illegal' Home Demolished Vide
PostSubject: Filthy Indian Statists: Slumdog Star''s ''Illegal'' Home Demolished   Filthy Indian Statists: Slumdog Star's 'Illegal' Home Demolished Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Mumbai officials tore down the home of Slumdog Millionaire child star Azharuddin Ismail, calling the slum dwelling illegal construction. Ismail’s mother says the family lived there 15 years before police arrived unannounced. “We didn’t even get a chance to remove our belongings,” she tells the Telegraph. The government had promised them a new home after Ismail returned from the Oscars a hero.

The family was left in the hot sun, clinging to plastic bags with their meager belongings. Ismail hugged a Slumdog movie poster signed by director Danny Boyle, who had handpicked him for the film. “I wish Danny-uncle would come,” he said, describing his fear when cops threatened him with bamboo sticks. “I wish I could go back to America.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/5324721/Home-of-Slumdog-Millionaire-child-star-demolished.html
Back to top Go down

Filthy Indian Statists: Slumdog Star's 'Illegal' Home Demolished

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-