View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Funny: Iannarone’s tweet of ‘violent despots’ stirs Portland mayor’s race  Vide
PostSubject: Funny: Iannarone’s tweet of ‘violent despots’ stirs Portland mayor’s race    Funny: Iannarone’s tweet of ‘violent despots’ stirs Portland mayor’s race  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 5:08 am

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Just a week before the 2020 election, Portland’s mayoral race is scrutinizing a tweet from the 2016 primary campaign.

Last Friday, Mayor Ted Wheeler’s campaign released a statement taking challenger Sarah Iannarone to task for “writing in violent despots like Ho Chi Minh and Joseph Stalin on her 2016 ballot.” The tweet, from May 1, 2016, also includes write-in votes for Mao Zedong, Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Vladimir Lenin, plus others.

Most are figures on the global stage responsible for the deaths of millions of people over multiple decades.

Iannarone campaign manager Gregory McKelvey told KOIN 6 News by email that’s not her ballot. Iannarone, he said, “posted the ballots of many of her supporters who sent them in after voting for her.”

When she posted that tweet at 9:44 p.m. that night, she added: “Quite possibly my favorite “I voted this way” photo to date (tho I 😍 them all) #pdxmayor #forcetherunoff

Funny: Iannarone’s tweet of ‘violent despots’ stirs Portland mayor’s race  XqFi4hQ

https://www.koin.com/news/elections/iannarones-tweet-of-violent-despots-stirs-portland-mayors-race/
Back to top Go down

Funny: Iannarone’s tweet of ‘violent despots’ stirs Portland mayor’s race

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-