View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Hilarious: Language-Generating A.I. Is a Free Speech Nightmare Vide
PostSubject: Hilarious: Language-Generating A.I. Is a Free Speech Nightmare   Hilarious: Language-Generating A.I. Is a Free Speech Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 3:20 am

“What in the name of Paypal and/or Palantir did you just say about me, you filthy degenerate? I’ll have you know I’m the Crown Prince of Silicon Valley, and I’ve been involved in numerous successful tech startups, and I have over $1B in liquid funds. I’ve used that money to promote heterodox positions on human enhancement, control political arenas, and am experimenting with mind uploading. I’m also trained in classical philosophy and was recently ranked the most influential libertarian in the world by Google. You are nothing to me but just another alternative future. I will wipe you out with a precision of simulation the likes of which has never been seen before, mark my words.”

Hilarious: Language-Generating A.I. Is a Free Speech Nightmare 5d629193-1e52-41be-9020-efbef8e2ab57

That’s not the latest ill-advised Elon Musk tweet, nor is it one of his devoted fans roleplaying on Reddit. And it’s not quite Navy Seal copypasta—an over-the-top, comically written attack paragraph that parodies the voice of a “tough guy”—which spread, copied-and-pasted (that’s the “copypasta” part) around the internet.

Instead, it’s a parody of Navy Seal copypasta—notably, one that was written by a computer. Independent researcher and writer Gwern Branwen fed the language model GPT-3 a few examples of parodies of Navy Seal copypasta (such as minimalist—“I’m navy seal. I have 300 kills. You’re dead, kid”—or pirate—“What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat … ”) and then asked it to use those examples to generate new parodies. (Branwen’s many experiments with GPT-3 can be found here.) For this parody, Branwen prompted GPT-3 with the input “Elon Musk and Peter Thiel.”

More:  https://slate.com/technology/2020/09/language-ai-gpt-3-free-speech-harassment.html
Back to top Go down

Hilarious: Language-Generating A.I. Is a Free Speech Nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-