View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

"It's like parenting on steroids": Raising boys in the #MeToo era Vide
PostSubject: "It's like parenting on steroids": Raising boys in the #MeToo era   "It's like parenting on steroids": Raising boys in the #MeToo era Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 10:01 pm

After Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was accused of teenage sexual misconduct in the fall of 2018, President Trump stood on the White House lawn and said, "It's a very scary time for young men in America. This is a very, very — this is a very difficult time. What's happening here has much more to do than even the appointment of a Supreme Court justice." 
Fallout from the #MeToo movement continues to be one of the most polarizing topics in our current political climate. For parents of sons, navigating complex and sensitive conversations with their boys about sexual consent, harassment and assault, and respect for women and LGBTQ people is difficult enough, especially when they're young. And, it's only compounded by the fear President Trump is helping to spread that young men could be unjustly accused.
"You don't really know how to have [these conversations], you're not prepared for them. I don't think that we had them when we were growing up," says Gemma Gaudette, a Boise-based radio host and mother to two young sons. "I think going into these tween and teen years it's like parenting on steroids. It's this whole new level that I have not been prepared for. I'm reading books and all of this."

"It's like parenting on steroids": Raising boys in the #MeToo era Cbsn-originals-raising-boys-102519-gemma

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/raising-boys-in-me-too-era-cbsn-documentary/
Back to top Go down

"It's like parenting on steroids": Raising boys in the #MeToo era

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-