View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Dave Chappelle’s brilliant new Netflix special Sticks and Stones Vide
PostSubject: Dave Chappelle’s brilliant new Netflix special Sticks and Stones   Dave Chappelle’s brilliant new Netflix special Sticks and Stones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 2:55 am

In an hour of television, Dave Chappelle manages to offend practically every group in America: from “heroin addicted whites” to LGBT people to Chinese Americans and pro-lifers. And that’s exactly what makes the comedian’s new Netflix special Sticks and Stones so brilliant.

Dave Chappelle’s brilliant new Netflix special Sticks and Stones QDLDLel

It’s also what it makes it so triggering, at least to some. Wokescolds are out in full force after the special’s airing this week, bashing the comedian for daring to poke fun at the transgender movement and making light of sexual abuse by celebrities such as Michael Jackson and Louis C.K.
Chappelle has a history of poking fun at certain issues that the modern Left considers beyond the pale. As he put it in the new special:

... what I didn’t realize at the time was that I was breaking an unwritten and unspoken rule of show business ... no matter what you do in your artistic expression, you are never, ever, allowed to upset the alphabet people. You know who I mean. Those people who took 20% of the alphabet for themselves. I’m talking about them L's and B's and G's and the T's.
He makes even more similarly unwoke transgressions.
“I feel bad for the T's,” he says, “but they’re so confusing … the fact is if a person can be born in the wrong body, they have to admit that’s a f---ing hilarious predicament.”
Chappelle makes fun of transgender people, imitating a Chinese person and joking what if that’s “how I feel inside.” He continues to make light of the gender issue. “Say Lebron James changed his gender … can he stay in the NBA? Or does he have to go to the WNBA, where he will score 800 points a game?”
Chappelle says we could all keep talking about equality, “Or, you could, shut the f--- up.”
And guess what? It’s all harmless and hilarious.
But, per usual, the woke can’t take a joke. A scathing Vice article entitled “You Can Definitely Skip Dave Chappelle's New Netflix Special 'Sticks & Stones'” says that he “doubles down on misogyny and transphobia,” calling him “racist” for his impression of a Chinese man.
Blue-check liberal Twitter joined the pile on.
Quote :
You can definitely skip Dave Chappelle's new Netflix special 'Sticks & Stones.' https://t.co/qyueiskA9I
— VICE (@VICE) August 26, 2019
Quote :
Who would have thought that transphobic jokes would be the hill that such a smart talented comedian needs to die on? https://t.co/SRvvtHKvvO
— Things Imagined (@Taylor__Hosking) August 26, 2019
Quote :
I just unfollowed my favorite comedian; a fierce Queen I adore—for posting up all over her Instagram with Dave Chapelle. My heart breaks every time a black woman breathes life into a transphobic/homophobic man. You’re not “doing it for the culture,” you’re destroying it, sis...🤦🏽‍�
— Ashlee Marie Preston (@AshleeMPreston) February 16, 2019
The fact that people are actually up in arms over this special is just pathetic. These wokescolds clearly don’t understand that the point of comedy is to push boundaries, and that it’s all in good fun.
After all, it’s not like Chappelle actually holds hatred or ill-will in his heart. Throughout the entire special he’s smiling, poking fun, and clearly joking when it comes to the more outlandish things he says, including his comments about transgender people.
“I got friends who are all kinds of [LGBT]. Everybody loves me, and I love everybody,” Chappelle said.
This latest bout of outrage is nothing new, as angry social justice types have repeatedly tried to cancel Chappelle in recent years. They might think they’re advancing some warped version of progress, but all they’re really doing is slowly killing comedy. And that's just not funny.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dave-chappelles-brilliant-new-netflix-special-sticks-and-stones-might-get-him-canceled

lol fuhrer
Back to top Go down

Dave Chappelle’s brilliant new Netflix special Sticks and Stones

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-