AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Assange’s Inhumane Treatment Converted me From a Centrist to a Libertarian Centrist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Assange’s Inhumane Treatment Converted me From a Centrist to a Libertarian Centrist Vide
PostSubject: Assange’s Inhumane Treatment Converted me From a Centrist to a Libertarian Centrist   Assange’s Inhumane Treatment Converted me From a Centrist to a Libertarian Centrist Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 10:39 pm

[Edit: For what it's worth.]

Centrism is not liberalism even though the declining standards of rhetoric in European politics have lead to many ignoramuses confusing the two. Fundamentally, centrist politics is about problem solving rather than fanaticism, it is about the melding of logic to ethics and of scientific thought processes to a humane approach to society. Great centrists of the 20th century included Lee Kuan Yew, Atatürk, Deng Xiaoping (in spite of a very different party political affiliation), Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Mahathir Mohamad and Nasser – just to name a few.
Libertarianism (which is entirely different from radical Blairite/Clintonite liberalism) by contrast is not so much a political method as is the case with genuine centrism, but instead it is a fundamental philosophy about how the state relates to society and how society relates to individual human beings. At its most unadulterated, libertarianism seeks to limit government to that which is least intrusive in respect of its relations to society. By extrapolation, a strictly libertarian society is one that is skewed towards the individual and away from the collective.

https://eurasiafuture.com/2019/05/30/assanges-inhumane-treatment-converted-me-from-a-centrist-to-a-libertarian-centrist/
Back to top Go down

Assange’s Inhumane Treatment Converted me From a Centrist to a Libertarian Centrist

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Inside AnCaps, Philosophy, Libertarians & Ancapdemia's Ebony Basement-