AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Why was a documentary film on the 'anti-Semitism in Labour debate' banned from being screened at the British parliament?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Why was a documentary film on the 'anti-Semitism in Labour debate' banned from being screened at the British parliament? Vide
PostSubject: Why was a documentary film on the 'anti-Semitism in Labour debate' banned from being screened at the British parliament?   Why was a documentary film on the 'anti-Semitism in Labour debate' banned from being screened at the British parliament? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 pm

The witch hunt at Westminster

Why was a documentary film on the 'anti-Semitism in Labour debate' banned from being screened at the British parliament? A3d494a135404eda9f2148cb0290fce8_18

When I received the message from Jewish Voice for Labour announcing that the screening of the documentary Witch Hunt in parliament and the scheduled panel to follow (which I had been invited to join) had been cancelled, I was nonplussed.
Three weeks earlier, I had watched Witch Hunt at a London cinema. The documentary tells the story of Jackie Walker, the activist suspended from the Labour Party over comments that were allegedly anti-Semitic while underscoring how "anti-Semitism" has become a weapon in the hands of those defending Israel's abusive practices. Indeed, the film shows how accusations of anti-Semitism are increasingly being used to delegitimise critics of the Israeli government and its policies towards the Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, Gaza Strip and occupied East Jerusalem.  
The documentary also exposes the intimate relations between the pro-Israel lobby and members of the British parliament and is quite critical of some of the ways in which the Labour party has been handling accusations of anti-Semitism. At one point, the film even suggests that the party is entering a McCarthyist era.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/witch-hunt-westminster-190304083028122.html
Back to top Go down

Why was a documentary film on the 'anti-Semitism in Labour debate' banned from being screened at the British parliament?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-