AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Imbecilic Schools Ban Term ‘Best Friend’ To Prevent Other Children Feeling Left Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Imbecilic Schools Ban Term ‘Best Friend’ To Prevent Other Children Feeling Left Out Vide
PostSubject: Imbecilic Schools Ban Term ‘Best Friend’ To Prevent Other Children Feeling Left Out   Imbecilic Schools Ban Term ‘Best Friend’ To Prevent Other Children Feeling Left Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 5:16 am

Say goodbye to your best friends, the term is not allowed in some places any more because it lacks inclusivity.
A psychologist in the US said that a growing number of schools are banning children from using the term “best friend” over fears some children are being left out.

Prince George’s school, Thomas’s private day school in Battersea, announced in 2013 that it was encouraging children to have ‘lots of good friends’.
Dr Barbara Greenberg told CBS New York: “There has been a movement in some American schools and European schools to ban the phrase ‘best friend. The idea of banning the phrase best friends is a very intriguing social experiment.”

Imbecilic Schools Ban Term ‘Best Friend’ To Prevent Other Children Feeling Left Out Pri_69172652

“I see kids come in all week long who are feeling dreadful because they are excluded and because they are either nobody’s best friend or their best friend has moved on.”
She concedes that it is impossible to allow children to have a close relationship, but adds that schools want children to have more than just one friend.

Headteacher of Prince George’s school Ben Thomas said at the time: “You can get very possessive friendships, and it is much easier if they share friendships and have a wide range of good friends rather than obsessing too much about who their best friend is.”

“I would certainly endorse a policy which says we should have lots of good friends, not a best friend.”
Only last month, parenting expert Liz Fraser appeared on Good Morning Britain and reinforced the idea.

She said: “It immediately [separates] this friend out as being different from all other friends, which immediately sets you into a mini group.”
“Some children don’t have a best friend, I didn’t have a best friend, if I did have a best friend I think it’s because no one wanted to be friends with us.”

https://thecitizenpress.com/schools-ban-term-best-friend-to-prevent-other-children-feeling-left-out/

idiots

Fuckschool
Back to top Go down

Imbecilic Schools Ban Term ‘Best Friend’ To Prevent Other Children Feeling Left Out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-