AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

ÜberFlake: Canadian Twittersphere erupts after Trudeau forgets Alberta in speech

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

ÜberFlake: Canadian Twittersphere erupts after Trudeau forgets Alberta in speech Vide
PostSubject: ÜberFlake: Canadian Twittersphere erupts after Trudeau forgets Alberta in speech   ÜberFlake: Canadian Twittersphere erupts after Trudeau forgets Alberta in speech Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 3:21 am

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau gave a passionate shoutout to all of the country's provinces and territories.
Or so he thought.
He forgot Alberta.
"We may live in British Columbia, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or Newfoundland and Labrador," he said, "but we embrace that diversity while knowing in our hearts that we are all Canadians."

ÜberFlake: Canadian Twittersphere erupts after Trudeau forgets Alberta in speech ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic1.businessinsider.com%2Fimage%2F582f6b25e02ba75d658b4586-480%2Fcanadas-prime-minister-justin-trudeau-speaks-during-a-meeting-with-members-of-the-china-entrepreneur-club-with-at-willson-house-in-chelsea-quebec-canada-october-18-2016-reuterschris-wattie

Alberta -- home to more than 4 million people, according to the Canadian government -- was nowhere to be heard.
Before the event wrapped up, Trudeau added, "Let me just start by saying I'm a little embarrassed. I got excited somewhere over the Rockies."
"Alberta, I love you. Happy Canada Day."
But, for many, it was too late. Alberta natives took to Twitter to make themselves known.
Quote :
I'm sure Trudeau missing Alberta was 100% unintentional, but the overreaction is going to be great.
— Justin (@justin_sens) July 1, 2017
Quote :
Sigh is right. Seriously. How could he miss Alberta? 🙄 I really try to like the guy but....
— Jo-Anna@APrettyLife (@aprettylife) July 1, 2017
Quote :
When you let the whole country know how you feel about #Alberta eh' #Trudeau
— Ashley 🌺 (@mzmyzery) July 1, 2017
Quote :
Apparently according to our PM Alberta doesn't even exist so.... he is a idiot pic.twitter.com/g3b3HqGnR9
— Sherri Elder (@freaksareyou311) July 1, 2017
Trudeau also went on Twitter after the ceremony to apologize.
Quote :
Got too excited somewhere over the Rockies. Sorry Alberta, I love you. Happy Canada Day!
— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) July 1, 2017
Saturday was Canada's 150th birthday, a date known each year as Canada Day.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/01/americas/justin-trudeau-canada-forget/index.html
Back to top Go down

ÜberFlake: Canadian Twittersphere erupts after Trudeau forgets Alberta in speech

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-