HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Why I Don’t Vote

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Why I Don’t Vote Vide
PostSubject: Why I Don’t Vote   Why I Don’t Vote Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Why I don’t vote, and why I can never support the right to vote

For President, you aren’t voting for an individual.

You’re voting for electors who will then go and vote. Depending on your electoral jurisdiction, those people you elected may or may not vote the way you want them to. They probably will but there have been weird historical variances there (see Faithless Elector).

In the State of Illinois, voters don’t pick Hillary or Trump, they pick from among 20 electors whose names I can’t even find on Google.  You’re voting for people you can’t even name.

An act of voting is not an act of choosing the outcome.

That’s not what voting means. Yes, voting is an acute act of saying “I only support this result” but the actual act of voting is defined as “I fully support the outcome of this election, regardless of victor.”You are not choosing a victor, you are giving government your approval of the process and outcome. If you vote for one cunt, you’re still approving of the other one being elected.

I never, never ever support a person for any reason who does not know me personally.

Ever.

People dying in Haiti? It sucks but I no longer support people I don’t have contact with, who can name me by face or voice. I don’t support sports athletes except those who know me and those are very few. I don’t even support famous musicians or actors or authors unless they can say “Hey A.B.!” if they see me in public. I have absolutely no desire to promote a character, and that’s what musicians, athletes, authors and even politicians are: characters distilled down to only 1% of what they do, not the 99% of what they do.

If I don’t know you, you do not have my support for any reason, especially when it comes to things I don’t know about you. I may appreciate your creations and your content and some of the words you speak, but I do not support your causes or actions overall.I may be sad about tragedy that the media reports about you, but I can not in good conscience just help you out because you’re in need. I have friends and family and neighbors who are in need, and I can feel confident they won’t use my charity against me, and I can feel confident that 80% of my charity won’t go to some middleman driving a Tesla.

I don’t trust the outcome based on the opinions of people who don’t have their shit together more than they have it falling apart.

Voting forces me to follow new laws and regulations, but I can’t trust legal demands of a population that gets itself into trillions of dollars in debt for shitty degrees and from shitty wars against people who never threatened me individually.The new laws and regulations may be written by the candidate you elected but those may go 100% against what you believe, yet your act of voting says “I agree with the outcome.” Bad laws, bad regulations, all because you can’t get your own shit together so you want assholes with badges telling me how I should be forced to act and live and behave.Basically, fuck you for thinking your opinion matters to me, when you can’t even make your life’s actions matter to you.Better yet, fuck you for thinking you can tell me what to do, by the force of law, which is by the force of psychopaths with guns and law degrees and jail cells.
Voting is your act of telling me “fuck you”, so fuck you, too. At least my fuck you is purely words, yours are 100% supporting and demanding violent action.

So fuck you, voter. I hope you choke on the same noose you want to choke me with, and based on the end results of the past 24 years of elections I’ve watched, you will.

And THAT is glorious to me.

http://www.abdada.com/why-i-dont-vote/
Back to top Go down

Why I Don’t Vote

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Inside AnCaps, Philosophy, Libertarians & Ancapdemia's Ebony Basement-