HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Funny: 6 harsh (but useful) lessons from the world's grumpiest boss

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Funny: 6 harsh (but useful) lessons from the world's grumpiest boss Vide
PostSubject: Funny: 6 harsh (but useful) lessons from the world's grumpiest boss   Funny: 6 harsh (but useful) lessons from the world's grumpiest boss Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:47 am

"Don't take advantage of me, because I am going to be looking down your throat," Houston oil and gas magnate Edward Mike Davis wrote to his employees on Jan. 13, 1978. "You need the job — I don't!"

Davis — a former chauffeur with true grit, who launched his business with money from a divorce settlement — was not one to sugarcoat his advice. Office memos from his time as CEO of Tiger Oil Co. were blunt, to say the least, earning him the unofficial title of World's Grumpiest Boss.

On Sept. 26 The New York Times reported that Davis died at 85 in his Las Vegas home on Sept. 18 from complications of prostate cancer, yet he will be long remembered for his harsh "wisdom."

Although his company filed for bankruptcy in the 1980s when the U.S. oil sector crashed amid a global oil glut, his memos gained attention decades later when they were published on a blog called Letters of Note. The memos also appear (with Davis' blessing) in a recently published book by the blog's founder, Shaun Usher.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/6-harsh-useful-lessons-worlds-142313296.html
Back to top Go down

Funny: 6 harsh (but useful) lessons from the world's grumpiest boss

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-