Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Like father, like son: how the damage from emotional abuse gets passed down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Like father, like son: how the damage from emotional abuse gets passed down Vide
PostSubject: Like father, like son: how the damage from emotional abuse gets passed down   Like father, like son: how the damage from emotional abuse gets passed down Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 pm

"Shut the f**k up," screams the three-year-old.

Like father, like son: how the damage from emotional abuse gets passed down 1469519087421

"No. You shut the f**k up," screams his six-year-old sibling in reply.

The mother turns to me and, with a brittle laugh, says, "I keep asking my husband not to say that in front of the kids."

Within my immediate social circle there are husbands who explode with rage when the house isn't spotless and their clothes are not washed and ironed.

There's a husband who tells his wife that her post-baby body is too revolting to have sex with, and there are several men who won't allow their wives to talk on the phone when they're home.

One man controls his wife's spending to such an extent she can't even buy her friend a birthday card. Another taught his son to apologise to his mother by saying that she is "young, skinny and beautiful", thereby sending the message that these are the most important characteristics in a woman.

And there's one who controls his wife by refusing to look after his own children when his wife upsets him.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/like-father-like-son-how-the-damage-from-emotional-abuse-gets-passed-down-20160726-gqe41y.html
Back to top Go down

Like father, like son: how the damage from emotional abuse gets passed down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-