HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Boom in websites selling lecture notes to university students

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Boom in websites selling lecture notes to university students Vide
PostSubject: Boom in websites selling lecture notes to university students   Boom in websites selling lecture notes to university students Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Alastair Weng shares the secrets to his academic success for less than the price of a coffee.

Boom in websites selling lecture notes to university students 1467430424318

The University of Melbourne science student is among thousands of young Australians who are converting their lecture and textbook notes into cash.

Hundreds of students have paid $3 to access Mr Weng's neatly formatted biology and chemistry notes, which he uploads on a website called NoteXchange.

"It's a little bit of pocket money on the side," the 19-year-old said.

Students trust his work – he achieved a perfect ATAR ranking of 99.95 and receives good marks at university.

"I'm doing this for myself anyway. I may as well spend a few more minutes putting them online," he said. "It helps students understand some weird concepts."

There has been a proliferation of note-sharing websites, where Australian students submit their VCE, International Baccalaureate and university notes and profit from their sale.  

But not everyone is happy with their existence.

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/boom-in-buying-university-notes-brings-in-big-bucks-20160701-gpwgfm.html
Back to top Go down

Boom in websites selling lecture notes to university students

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-