HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

The world tells kids "No, you can't" in endless ways

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

The world tells kids "No, you can't" in endless ways Vide
PostSubject: The world tells kids "No, you can't" in endless ways   The world tells kids "No, you can't" in endless ways Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 11:13 pm

My ninth-grade biology teacher would wipe his chalkboard with a smelly wet rag that he only washed when it stuck to the wall. He had other eccentricities as well. When we dissected squid, he pre-emptively fired up the classroom Bunsen burners. Once we had popped open the ink sac and sketched the tentacles, he told us, we could fry and eat our specimen. I have no idea how many kids ate the thing, because I hightailed it out of there before Mr. H. handed out scalpels.

The world tells kids "No, you can't" in endless ways 1466650327297

That wasn't the only problem my teacher had with me. I refused to clean anything with that dirty towel, and I giggled when he explained plant reproduction. I still remember the "male" pollen-laden stamen, the "female" egg-holding pistil and all the 14-year-old boys joking about flowers getting it on.

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/development-advice/advice/10-ways-to-help-kids-take-risks-in-a-world-of-nos-20160623-gpq11p
Back to top Go down

The world tells kids "No, you can't" in endless ways

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-