HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Six ways to talk to your kids about money

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Six ways to talk to your kids about money Vide
PostSubject: Six ways to talk to your kids about money   Six ways to talk to your kids about money Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 12:59 am

One Sunday night over burgers, my husband and I were talking about the logistics of our upcoming week. I was scheduled to teach an evening class on Tuesday, so I asked if he could pick up our two children at preschool, which is usually my responsibility.

Six ways to talk to your kids about money 1465636269804

"I can do it, but it will be hard to leave early," he said, sounding stressed. Since he usually has meetings that extend into early evening, my request would mean having to duck out mid-meeting.

Just as I was about to thank him and move on to less anxiety-producing subjects, our 5-year-old daughter piped up. "We have to work and make money," she told us. She likes to resolve conflicts and will often step in to help us do so, whether it's over how to load the dishwasher or how to make scheduling adjustments.

"Thank you!" I said, thinking she was explaining my need to get to my class on time so that I could teach. "You're right, Mummy has to work and make money!"

"No, no, no," she said. That was not what she meant at all. "Daddy has to work! You have to come pick us up!"

So much for my goal of trying to explain that mums and dads both work to support families, I thought. Does she really think only Daddy's work matters?

http://www.smh.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/six-ways-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-money-20160610-gpgw1d.html
Back to top Go down

Six ways to talk to your kids about money

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-