HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Supposedly, why Trump's U.S. Debt 'Default' Isn’t as Insane as It Sounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Supposedly, why Trump's U.S. Debt 'Default' Isn’t as Insane as It Sounds Vide
PostSubject: Supposedly, why Trump's U.S. Debt 'Default' Isn’t as Insane as It Sounds   Supposedly, why Trump's U.S. Debt 'Default' Isn’t as Insane as It Sounds Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 10:06 pm

The Donald has done it again.

Supposedly, why Trump's U.S. Debt 'Default' Isn’t as Insane as It Sounds Usa-election-trump_13_original

On Thursday, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee told CNBC that his solution to dealing with the $19 trillion-plus national debt — and the risk of a budget blowout should interest rates rise and balloon the interest expense owed by taxpayers — involves a form of default such as repurchasing existing bonds at a discount. "I am the king of debt," he said, alluding to his corporate bankruptcies and use of leverage to build his real estate empire. "I love debt. I love playing with it."

His many detractors, freshly outraged over his "taco bowl" tweet, let loose again, calling Trump’s idea “insane” and warning that it would tank the economy or set off an “unprecedented financial crisis.” The general consensus: Trump is an idiot who doesn't know much about the way the financial system works.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-trumps-u-debt-default-222400110.html
Back to top Go down

Supposedly, why Trump's U.S. Debt 'Default' Isn’t as Insane as It Sounds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-