AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Attention Eco-nazis: The planet has never been a safer place for humans to live

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Attention Eco-nazis: The planet has never been a safer place for humans to live Vide
PostSubject: Attention Eco-nazis: The planet has never been a safer place for humans to live   Attention Eco-nazis: The planet has never been a safer place for humans to live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Every year on Earth Day, we’re supposed to reflect on all the ways we’ve made the planet worse — and pledge to be less bad next year, whether by buying a hybrid or biking to work.

Attention Eco-nazis: The planet has never been a safer place for humans to live MW-EK926_wolfsb_20160422083524_ZH

Do the opposite this Earth Day: Reflect on all the ways we’ve made the planet better. Because despite all our eco-guilt, the planet has never been a better place for human beings to live.

Try this thought experiment:

Imagine that we transported someone from 300 years ago, at the very start of the Industrial Revolution, to today’s world. What would he think about our environment? Without question, his reaction would be one of disbelief; not that we had destroyed his pristine, natural world, but that such a clean, healthy environment was possible.

“The air is so clean,” our time traveler might say. “Where I come from, we’re breathing in smoke all day from the fire we need to burn in our furnaces and stoves.

“And the water. Everywhere I go, the water tastes so fresh, and it’s all safe to drink. On my farm, we get our water from a brook we share with animals, and my kids are always getting sick.

“And then the weather. I mean, the weather isn’t that much different, but you’re so much safer in it. You can move a knob and make it cool when it’s hot, and warm when it’s cold.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-planet-has-never-been-a-safer-place-for-humans-to-live-2016-04-22
Back to top Go down

Attention Eco-nazis: The planet has never been a safer place for humans to live

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-