HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

NZ: Inconsistent sentencing for medicinal cannabis 'an injustice'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

NZ: Inconsistent sentencing for medicinal cannabis 'an injustice'  Vide
PostSubject: NZ: Inconsistent sentencing for medicinal cannabis 'an injustice'    NZ: Inconsistent sentencing for medicinal cannabis 'an injustice'  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm

A Takaka woman fined $500 for growing cannabis to treat her multiple sclerosis (MS) feels she was dealt "an injustice from the system" after learning a Golden Bay woman charged on the same day received no penalty for her cannabis offences.

NZ: Inconsistent sentencing for medicinal cannabis 'an injustice'  1457475640951

Fiona Porter, 45, was "happy" with a Nelson District Court judge's response to her guilty plea on a charge of cultivating nine cannabis plants at the time, but was disgruntled to hear Californian-born Collingwood resident Rebecca Reider, 34, would have no criminal record of six charges related to possessing and importing medicinal cannabis products prescribed in her home country.

"I try to teach my children to be responsible for your own actions. I don't normally break the law, but as an adult I made a conscious decision to do it and I owned up to it," Porter said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/77667007/Inconsistent-sentencing-for-medicinal-cannabis-an-injustice
Back to top Go down

NZ: Inconsistent sentencing for medicinal cannabis 'an injustice'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-