View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

LOL: Huckabee ends campaign: 'Voters are sick of me' Vide
PostSubject: LOL: Huckabee ends campaign: 'Voters are sick of me'   LOL: Huckabee ends campaign: 'Voters are sick of me' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 1:44 am

DES MOINES — Mike Huckabee withdrew from the Republican presidential race after a poor showing in the Iowa caucuses, an event he won just eight years ago.

LOL: Huckabee ends campaign: 'Voters are sick of me' 635899373379243527-AP-GOP-2016-Huckabee

Huckabee joked with supporters that he was ending the campaign because of illness: “Voters are sick of me,” he quipped.

He told about 200 campaign staff and supporters gathered at a West Des Moines event center that he had called the top three vote-getters — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, businessman Donald Trump and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio — and congratulated them.

“They were very gracious. That’s easy to do when you win,” he laughed.

The former Arkansas governor had a harder time gaining traction in the Hawkeye State this time around. While Huckabee held town hall-style question-and-answer sessions in each of Iowa’s 99 counties, it wasn’t enough to gain support among caucusgoers looking for candidates who weren't part of the perceived establishment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/02/01/mike-huckabee-republican-presidential-campaign/79651090/
Back to top Go down

LOL: Huckabee ends campaign: 'Voters are sick of me'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-