Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines   OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:41 pm

When cyclist Aidan Kampers bought his helmet from an online overseas retailer, he had no idea he'd be breaking the law every time he used it.  

OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines 1454162914268

At a mountain biking event in Canberra in 2012, Mr Kampers' US-manufactured road helmet was checked by event scrutineers see if an Australian standard sticker was inside.

"I was at a race and one of the organisers told me [it wasn't approved]," he said. "I had to use someone else's helmet for that race. They were very harsh about it."

The popularity of online websites such as Chain Reaction means thousands of Australian riders are buying helmets, in some cases for hundreds of dollars, that are illegal in Australia.

In Australia, cyclists can only wear helmets that meet Australian and New Zealand standard (AS/NZS 2063), some of the toughest safety regulations in the world.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cyclists-warned-to-wear-australian-standard-helmets-or-face-fines-20160122-gmc7ms.html#ixzz3ym3lVDxq
Back to top Go down
nopester3000

Male

OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines Vide
PostSubject: Re: OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines   OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:06 am

"We want more people to cycle so the environment isn't damaged. Let's make cycling as difficult as possible because that will definitely make people want to abandon their cars! It's genius I tell you!" Fucking hell. This is beyond a joke.
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz slave pen: Cyclists warned to wear standard helmets or face fines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-