HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

R.I.P.: Climate change sceptic Bob Carter dies at 74

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

R.I.P.: Climate change sceptic Bob Carter dies at 74 Vide
PostSubject: R.I.P.: Climate change sceptic Bob Carter dies at 74   R.I.P.: Climate change sceptic Bob Carter dies at 74 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Climate-change sceptic Professor Bob Carter, who was removed from a university post because of his outspoken climate views, has died of a heart attack at his Townsville home aged 74.

R.I.P.: Climate change sceptic Bob Carter dies at 74 1453361523266

Professor Carter was the author of the book Climate: The Counter Consensus (2010) and co-author of Taxing Air: Facts and Fallacies about Climate Change (2013).

He insisted there was no evidence of climate change caused by human activity – and no evidence it was dangerous.

In 2007 he testified in a case in the British High Court that found Al Gore's climate-change film, An Inconvenient Truth, which was an international hit, contained nine errors of fact.
Advertisement

In one of his standard lectures, Carbon Dioxide Does Not Cause Global Warming, Professor Carter presented research that he said showed carbon dioxide levels had been high in the ancient past while temperatures had been low.

He said there had been a global ice age even though carbon dioxide levels were 12 times higher than they are today.

Such views were not favourably received by James Cook University, which removed him as its head of earth sciences in 2013.

Professor Carter's funeral will be held in Townsville on Monday.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/climate-change-sceptic-bob-carter-dies-at-74-20160121-gmb2be.html#ixzz3xwIghxgl
Back to top Go down

R.I.P.: Climate change sceptic Bob Carter dies at 74

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-