AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Why don't some men realise it's over until it's too late?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Why don't some men realise it's over until it's too late? Vide
PostSubject: Why don't some men realise it's over until it's too late?   Why don't some men realise it's over until it's too late? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 am

Last week, the Huffington Post spoke to a handful of men about the moment they knew their marriage was over. The answers, which ranged from the straightforward to the soulful, carried a theme: most of them didn't know until it was too late. One only knew when his wife moved out; another when he gave his wife explicit permission to see the man she'd been having an affair with. Overall, the men seemed to be stating the equivalent of "I knew I was having heart trouble when they popped me on the operating table."

Why don't some men realise it's over until it's too late? 1444090085436

These anecdotes are in fact indicative of heterosexual marriages as a whole. Women have always been the ones to initiate the dissolution of the relationship, with over 68.9 per cent of women filing for divorce, compared to men, who initiate just 25% of divorce proceedings. The rest, we may assume, is down to a mutual hatred.

I've written about this statistic before, and extrapolated that, generally speaking, men tend not to be as in touch with the relationship, or their own needs, as women are. Psychotherapist and relationships counsellor, Guy Vicars, former president of Australian Association of Relationship Counsellors, calls it avoidance.

"I think the tendency for men is to avoid relationship issues. Once they have emptied their bag of relationship tricks, they can kind of grind to a halt," he says. "This is frustrating for their female partners who then feel like they are hitting their head on his brick wall."

http://www.dailylife.com.au/life-and-love/love-sex-and-relationships/why-dont-men-realise-its-over-until-its-too-late-20151004-gk0yxw.html
Back to top Go down

Why don't some men realise it's over until it's too late?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-