View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Helly Luv: Meet The Kurdish Pop Star Fighting ISIS With Songs Vide
PostSubject: Helly Luv: Meet The Kurdish Pop Star Fighting ISIS With Songs   Helly Luv: Meet The Kurdish Pop Star Fighting ISIS With Songs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 12:09 am

This pop star has climbed on tanks to fire shells at ISIS positions but is banking on another weapon in her arsenal to defeat the militants in northern Iraq: music.

Helly Luv: Meet The Kurdish Pop Star Fighting ISIS With Songs 150813-helly-lu-730a_1b48bf09ec93e4291bdd2a79fb2e92e6.nbcnews-ux-600-480

Helly Luv — with her heavy make-up, bright red hair, customized military fatigues and gold rifle-shaped rings — knew her songs would draw the ire of ISIS. That, she said, was kind of the point.

"As an artist my weapon is not guns, my weapon is my music," she said. "If I can fight against them with my music, then my song is as powerful as or more powerful than their weapons."

The war in northern Iraq hits close to home for Luv: she grew up in the country's Kurdistan region and her father once fought for the Peshmerga, the very forces today battling ISIS.

That's why she chose the song "Revolution" as her latest salvo — and filmed the hit single's video in a village near Mosul to inspire the Kurdish forces there fighting against ISIS. Getting a chance to fire a live shell at ISIS positions in the process was an added bonus, she said.

"It was amazing," she said. "I was screaming, 'more, more!' I just hope I didn't hurt any animals."

Luv said she's received death threats since the release of the single — which shows her strolling through a war zone in gold stilettos, gyrating on a car and firing a machine gun — but she expected the intimidation.

Helly Luv: Meet The Kurdish Pop Star Fighting ISIS With Songs OtmIyR

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/helly-luv-meet-kurdish-pop-star-fighting-isis-songs-n408526
Back to top Go down

Helly Luv: Meet The Kurdish Pop Star Fighting ISIS With Songs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-