AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Reporter Says Pentagon Agreed to Give Up Docs If He Never Submits Another FOIA Request

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Reporter Says Pentagon Agreed to Give Up Docs If He Never Submits Another FOIA Request Vide
PostSubject: Reporter Says Pentagon Agreed to Give Up Docs If He Never Submits Another FOIA Request   Reporter Says Pentagon Agreed to Give Up Docs If He Never Submits Another FOIA Request Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 11:31 pm

Leopold: The Office of Net Assessment (ONA) is the Pentagon’s in-house think tank. They spend millions and millions of dollars putting together reports — reports that they contract out about perhaps some futuristic warfare, or what the situation in the Middle East is going to look like with regards to oil. I asked for those reports. I filed a FOIA request; they refused to comply with my FOIA request. They said it was too broad. I narrowed it, they still said it was too broad. I sued them. Recently they said that ‘We’ll give you some documents as long as you promise to never file a FOIA request again and don’t have anyone else file a FOIA request on your behalf.’

Rep. Mark DeSaulnier (D-Calif.): How is that legal?

Leopold: I don’t know but they put this in writing and I’m really looking forward to the day when I write this story up.

http://www.cryptogon.com/?p=46716
Back to top Go down

Reporter Says Pentagon Agreed to Give Up Docs If He Never Submits Another FOIA Request

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-