Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Statist legacy: The Genocide Museum, S-21: Cambodia's chilling house of terror

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Statist legacy: The Genocide Museum, S-21: Cambodia's chilling house of terror Vide
PostSubject: Statist legacy: The Genocide Museum, S-21: Cambodia's chilling house of terror   Statist legacy: The Genocide Museum, S-21: Cambodia's chilling house of terror Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:49 pm

In Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, there is a museum devoted to the terrible genocide of 1975-79. The Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum is also known as S-21, the name of the jail where 14,000 people were imprisoned and tortured during the reign of the Khmer Rouge. Only seven people survived.

Statist legacy: The Genocide Museum, S-21: Cambodia's chilling house of terror 1427693672731

It was the first place I wanted to go when I arrived in the city. I was travelling with a group doing Cambodia in style with private guides, staying in luxury hotels and shopping up big. However, I and others in my group felt very strongly that it was wrong to enjoy the many pleasures of this beautiful nation without acknowledging the collective horror the people had been through in fairly recent times and the 343 "killing fields" where more than 2 million civilians were massacred by Pol Pot's regime.

http://www.traveller.com.au/the-genocide-museum-s21-cambodias-chilling-house-of-terror-and-why-you-must-visit-1m82p0
Back to top Go down

Statist legacy: The Genocide Museum, S-21: Cambodia's chilling house of terror

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-