View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

A disgrace: Texas boy, 9, suspended for threatening to use ‘Hobbit’ magic Vide
PostSubject: A disgrace: Texas boy, 9, suspended for threatening to use ‘Hobbit’ magic   A disgrace: Texas boy, 9, suspended for threatening to use ‘Hobbit’ magic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 5:00 am

A 9-year-old Texas boy was suspended from school after threatening to use his “Hobbit” ring to make another student disappear, his father says.

A disgrace: Texas boy, 9, suspended for threatening to use ‘Hobbit’ magic 2bc6b9d349265831680f6a7067000647_c0-87-4868-2924_s561x327

Officials at Kermit Elementary School in Winkler County, Texas, said Aiden Steward made a terroristic threat when he told another classmate that he could make him vanish using a ring from the fictional Mount Doom from J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth legendarium, the boy’s father, Jason Steward, told the New York Daily News.

The principal said threats, real or imagined, to another child’s safety would not be tolerated, Mr. Steward said.

“It sounded unbelievable,” Mr. Steward said, insisting his son “didn’t mean anything by it.”

The Stewards had just watched “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” days earlier.

“Kids act out movies that they see. When I watched Superman as a kid, I went outside and tried to fly,” Mr. Steward told the Daily News. “I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence.”

Principal Roxanne Greer declined to comment on the 4th grader’s suspension, citing confidentiality policies, according to the Odessa American, which first reported the story.

Mr. Steward said he requested a written explanation from the school as to how his son’s statements constituted a “terroristic threat” and was told the school would put the letter in the mail.

The Stewards moved to the Kermit Independent School District only six months ago, and Aiden has already been suspended from school three times.

Two of the disciplinary actions this year were in-school suspensions for referring to a classmate as “black” and for bringing in his favorite children’s book that included a chapter on pregnancy, the Daily News reported.

“He loves that book. They were studying the solar system, and he took it to school. He thought his teacher would be impressed,” Mr. Steward told the paper.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/1/texas-boy-9-suspended-for-threatening-to-use-hobbi/
Back to top Go down

A disgrace: Texas boy, 9, suspended for threatening to use ‘Hobbit’ magic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-