HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

On Discrimination: Restoring Reality and Resurrecting Language

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

On Discrimination: Restoring Reality and Resurrecting Language Vide
PostSubject: On Discrimination: Restoring Reality and Resurrecting Language   On Discrimination: Restoring Reality and Resurrecting Language Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Language is what humans use to communicate to each other about reality, about the world we see around us. Reality, then, is made of words. It’s every noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, and adverb. Words, and the meaning we give them — or the meaning handed down to us by others — shape our view of the world. Unfortunately, this also makes it simple for people to distort our view of the world by misusing the same language that helps us to learn about it and understand it. Often, humans purposefully or accidentally communicate an incorrect meaning for the things happening in reality by choosing incorrect words to represent the event taking place.

On Discrimination: Restoring Reality and Resurrecting Language Discrimination

This brings manipulation of the human mind into play. Some humans actually intend to commit fraud, to lie, and to distort the perceptions and worldviews of others, misusing language in a subtle way to alter how certain humans view events around them. It usually works best if the misuse of language synchronizes with an emotionally charged situation, where the people witnessing or experiencing it sit under a cloud of rage, fear, or uncertainty. Effective manipulation ties the wrong words to these emotions to later create triggers, setting those same people off into the same anger or panic they felt in the earlier situation. This emotional manipulation and subsequent reactions to this manipulation allows manipulators to predict the actions of the emotionally compromised in the future.

Sociopaths trying to rule others need this seemingly prophetic knowledge of human behavior because it makes it easier to figure out when they’re in panic mode due to heightened levels of fear, anger, anxiety, and uncertainty. When people think rationally, efficiently, and strategically, manipulators lose their ability to track their locations, determine their motivations, or accurately predict their next moves.

A key tool for manipulation of the masses comes in the form of propaganda that the ruling class, the state, puts forth. By constantly twisting and misusing language to this precise end, they effectively maintain control of the emotionally compromised majority. Innumerable words with glaringly contradictory meanings transform blatant lies into truth unless the person in question holds a wide vocabulary and the ability to understand context. I intend to take our language back from the manipulative liars in D.C. who wear the badge of the almighty government.

One obvious example of a word repeatedly associated with something it never originally meant is anarchy. People often think of chaos when the word comes up, and assume anarchy literally means chaos, and this is largely the fault of government propaganda and its influence in big media. Those sociopaths who want to rule need others to continue hallucinating that they have to be ruled, so they desperately need the idea of “no rulers” (which is all the word anarchy means) to be a terrifying notion. It’s certainly evident in the world around us today how much they’ve indeed succeeded in distorting the meaning of anarchy.

Anarchy is an obviously misused and abused word to libertarians and anarchists, but there are far more words in our language — even phrases — that have become twisted or manipulated over time into meaning something they don’t. I hope to resurrect and restore many words in our language that have been relentlessly tampered with, but there’s a word in particular that came to my attention during several thought experiments I did on the journey to becoming an anarchist.

One day, I was doing a thought exercise I had only very recently begun doing. I was using the notion of self-ownership in my head as a sort of philosophical measuring stick for one-on-one interaction between two human individuals. To wit, I was conjuring up various common interactions that two humans might engage in during everyday life, and attempting to play through varying scenarios determining which action by either of the two individuals would be the action that violated free will first.  I was also consciously focusing these thought experiments on human interactions that often become the focus of a media story used to conjure emotions or are used by politicians as propaganda in order to justify more legislation (opinions backed by the threat of death).

At some point I remembered many of the various situations that occur between humans that get slapped under the category “discrimination”. As a young twenty-something western-world child, I was raised with the idea that discrimination is, of course, always bad. It was always a word in my head that conjured the typical media-and-school-propagated images of slaves on plantations, images of homosexuals or black people being told to leave restaurants, and the generic employee interview scene with someone who was obviously handicapped being turned down for a position. What I had sadly never done before was attempt to learn about the history of the use of the word or its true definition. I wanted to understand what people were trying to point to in reality when they used that word. I understood it made me feel bad to think about people “being discriminated against,” and I had vague thoughts of things “being unfair.”

Rest of essay here: http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/discrimination-restoring-reality-resurrecting-language/
Back to top Go down

On Discrimination: Restoring Reality and Resurrecting Language

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-