AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

'Thank the statists and criminals': Veteran journalist to leave Thailand amid safety fears

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

'Thank the statists and criminals': Veteran journalist to leave Thailand amid safety fears Vide
PostSubject: 'Thank the statists and criminals': Veteran journalist to leave Thailand amid safety fears   'Thank the statists and criminals': Veteran journalist to leave Thailand amid safety fears Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 2:39 am

A veteran journalist who has covered Thailand for 25 years for media outlets in the United Kingdom and Australia has quit the country, saying living in the Thai capital is no longer safe for his family.

'Thank the statists and criminals': Veteran journalist to leave Thailand amid safety fears 1421633623553

Andrew Drummond, who has specialized in exposing the activities of foreign criminals and scams targeting foreigners, expressed dismay at the growing use of Thailand's criminal defamation laws and Computer Crimes Act to intimidate and silence people who expose wrongdoing.

"I have enjoyed my time in Thailand where I have made many Thai and foreign friends but there comes a time [when] having too much knowledge, which I cannot keep to myself, becomes too dangerous," he said.

"My well being has been threatened as have those of my three children. This is not of course the first time but the recent threat came from a group of people who have killed with impunity before and have even had police set up people on false changes."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/veteran-journalist-andrew-drummond-to-leave-thailand-amid-safety-fears-20150119-12t99l.html
Back to top Go down

'Thank the statists and criminals': Veteran journalist to leave Thailand amid safety fears

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-