AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Grammar of murder: English teacher tells students to describe how they would kill her

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Grammar of murder: English teacher tells students to describe how they would kill her Vide
PostSubject: Grammar of murder: English teacher tells students to describe how they would kill her   Grammar of murder: English teacher tells students to describe how they would kill her Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 2:04 am

A Maryland middle school English teacher has been forced to apologize after setting a language exercise in which students had to use their knowledge of advanced grammatical constructions to colorfully detail how they would murder her.

Grammar of murder: English teacher tells students to describe how they would kill her Classroom.si

The Washington Post obtained a copy of the teacher’s missive to the parents following her gaffe, which took place in November but has not been made public until now.

“I gave the students in four of my English classes an assignment to practice their use of grammar concepts we had recently studied. I asked the students to write a story in they used at least three gerunds, three infinitives, and three participles to describe how they would kill me,” wrote Patricia Lorenzen of Kingsview Middle School.

“I was trying to create an assignment that would be an engaging way to review some grammar concepts, but it was not appropriate and should not have happened.”

As a result of the fallout, the students were given full credit for the assignment, whether or not they completed it, and Lorenzen continues to be on the payroll with Montgomery County Public Schools.

Lorenzen has refused to speak to the media, but her principal James D’Andrea said “the matter has settled down since that time,” and that there have been “no further issues regarding [Lorenzen’s] assignments.”

As custom-made, “immersive" exercises have gradually muscled out staid grammar books, such faux pas have become increasingly common in the US educational system.

http://rt.com/usa/223491-usa-teacher-murder-homework/
Back to top Go down

Grammar of murder: English teacher tells students to describe how they would kill her

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-