AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job Vide
PostSubject: Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job   Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:53 am

Many employers require job applicants to disclose any criminal history, often preventing those with a record from reentering the workforce. But Illinois is one of a number of states working to change this, with a new law prohibiting employers from asking about convictions on initial applications. Special correspondent Brandis Friedman of WTTW reports on the “ban the box” movement.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/banning-box-give-ex-convicts-better-chance-find-job/
Back to top Go down
DiabloLoco

DiabloLoco

Male Age : 43
Job/hobbies : Contractor
Humor : Every survival kit should include a sense of humor.

Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job   Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Evil or Very Mad Who the hell are they to tell me that I can't ask if a person if they have been convicted of a crime? I personally vet my prospective employees extensively. When asked, I always say that I am not currently hiring, but will let them fill out an application and will take a look at their resume. I basically give them an interview on the spot. By letting them know that I am not hiring, I am somewhat absolving myself from any blame for certain folks not getting a job from me. I only hire quality people, that I choose.

Last edited by DiabloLoco on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRIx1CP0Lrk
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

PostSubject: Re: Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job   Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Better than good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job   Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rights violation: Banning ‘the box’ to give ex-convicts a better chance at finding a job

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-