HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

'Sony made a mistake': Obama berates studio for pulling movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

'Sony made a mistake': Obama berates studio for pulling movie Vide
PostSubject: 'Sony made a mistake': Obama berates studio for pulling movie   'Sony made a mistake': Obama berates studio for pulling movie Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:21 am

President Barack Obama said on Friday that Sony Pictures Entertainment made a crucial mistake in self-censoring when it canceled the Christmas Day release of 'The Interview,' a satirical film that depicted the assassination of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un.

'Sony made a mistake': Obama berates studio for pulling movie 242B559700000578-2880880-image-a-2_1419017135646

The decision followed a crippling cyber attack on Sony's servers that was launched by the North Korean regime. But critics have branded the film company as cowards for tucking tail and running when it was threatened.

'Sony's a corporation. It has suffered significant damage,' Obama told reporters in an end-of year press conference. 'There were threats against its employees. I am sympathetic to the concerns that they faced.'

But then he lowered the boom.

'Having said all that, yes, I think they made a mistake.'

'I wish they had spoken to me first,' he said.

'I would have told then, "Do not get into a pattern in which you're intimidated by these kinds of criminal attacks".'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2880880/FBI-conclusively-links-North-Korea-Sony-hack.html#ixzz3MPsah9RX
Back to top Go down

'Sony made a mistake': Obama berates studio for pulling movie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-