View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

A Yeshiva Graduate Fights for Secular Studies in Hasidic Education Vide
PostSubject: A Yeshiva Graduate Fights for Secular Studies in Hasidic Education   A Yeshiva Graduate Fights for Secular Studies in Hasidic Education Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Naftuli Moster was a senior at the College of Staten Island when he first heard the word “molecule.” Perplexed, he looked around the classroom. Nobody else seemed confused. Yet again, because of gaps in his early education, Mr. Moster was ignorant of a basic concept that everybody else knew.
“I felt embarrassed and ashamed,” he said. “Every single time I didn’t know something, I thought, ‘I’m too crippled to make it through.’ ”

A Yeshiva Graduate Fights for Secular Studies in Hasidic Education 23HASIDIC-master675

...“We’re fighting the same battle,” he said. “We’re fighting the Department of Education, not the yeshivas. Every Hasidic boy deserves a minimum education, and the state has simply ignored us.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/nyregion/a-yeshiva-graduate-fights-for-secular-studies-in-hasidic-education.html?_r=0
Back to top Go down

A Yeshiva Graduate Fights for Secular Studies in Hasidic Education

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-