HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Four cannabis plants cost NZ man his home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Four cannabis plants cost NZ man his home Vide
PostSubject: Four cannabis plants cost NZ man his home   Four cannabis plants cost NZ man his home Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 6:32 pm

A Picton man whose home was seized by the courts over drugs charges says he has effectively lost his pension plan and daughter's inheritance.

Four cannabis plants cost NZ man his home 10166835

The house, in Picton, will go to auction tomorrow.

Gary Tittleton, 67, was ordered to forfeit 50 per cent of the value of his Picton home, after he was convicted in 2009 for cultivating cannabis and possession of cannabis for supply.

Tittleton said he was upset about losing his home after he was sentenced, but now he was "over it".

"Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody pissed off, all for four marijuana plants," he said.

"You do the crime, you do the time, that's just the way it is, but compared to P dealers and gang members, to me it's bull sh.. ."

He would be lucky if he got more than $50,000 from the proceeds of the house, after he paid legal aid fees, rates and insurance, he said.

"It's cost me a bloody fortune," he said. "This is my daughter's inheritance, my pension plan."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/10166632/Cannabis-plants-cost-man-his-home
Back to top Go down

Four cannabis plants cost NZ man his home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-