HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Rights violation: Serf-baker ordered to make gay wedding cake

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Rights violation: Serf-baker ordered to make gay wedding cake Vide
PostSubject: Rights violation: Serf-baker ordered to make gay wedding cake   Rights violation: Serf-baker ordered to make gay wedding cake Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:47 am

A US Civil Rights Commission has ordered a baker to make wedding cakes for same-sex couples, finding his religious objections did not outweigh the state's anti-discrimination statutes.

Rights violation: Serf-baker ordered to make gay wedding cake 310514m_coloradocake_1280x720-19oiagd

The unanimous ruling from the seven-member commission in Colorado upheld a judge's finding in December that Jack Phillips violated civil rights law when he refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple in 2012.

The couple sued.

Phillips said the decision violates his First Amendment rights to free speech and free exercise of his religion.

"I will stand by my convictions until somebody shuts me down," he told reporters.

Gary marriage remains illegal in Colorado, but the state law prohibits businesses from refusing to serve customers based on their sexual orientation.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24003412/us-baker-told-to-make-gay-wedding-cake/
Back to top Go down

Rights violation: Serf-baker ordered to make gay wedding cake

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-