HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today  Vide
PostSubject: Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today    Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today  Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:47 pm

In an interview with Yahoo News surrounding the 40th anniversary of his comedic masterpiece "Blazing Saddles," co-writer/director Mel Brooks blasted present-day political correctness and says he was "lucky" to have made the film in the days when he still could:

"They can't make that movie today because everybody's so politically correct. You know, the NAACP would stop a great movie that would do such a great service to black people because of the N-word," says Brooks. "You've got to really examine these things and see what's right and what's wrong. Politically correct is absolutely wrong. Because it inhibits the freedom of thought. I'm so lucky that they weren't so strong then and that the people that let things happen on the screen weren't so powerful then. I was very lucky."

Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today  1mel2

In the comment sections and on Twitter, I caught all kinds of entertaining hell (Kos is especially perturbed) for my review of the new 40th Anniversary Bluray of "Blazing Saddles" and for a follow-up piece, both of which stated the obvious: That today's Left has become a bunch of  insufferable, joy-killing, censorious, fascist Church Ladies who would never allow "Blazing Saddles" to be made today and that they will someday try to have the film banned.  

It looks as though Mr. Brooks agrees with my first point. That's because Mel Brooks is a free-thinking liberal, not a freedom-stifling, controlling, free speech-hating leftist.  

The difference between a liberal and a leftist is not the how they vote. Liberals don't use phrases like "the debate is over," "the science is settled," "ban bossy" or "ban anything that might offend anyone who isn't a white Christian male." Fascist leftists do.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/05/10/mel-brooks-political-correctness-would-bot%20allow-blazing-saddles-to-be-made-today
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

PostSubject: Re: Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today    Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today  Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Love that Jooish Hitler!

Remember?:

Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today    Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today  Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Devil lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today    Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mel Brooks Blasts PC: 'Blazing Saddles' Couldn't Be Made Today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-