View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Idiot proposes people without kids pay higher taxes Vide
PostSubject: Idiot proposes people without kids pay higher taxes   Idiot proposes people without kids pay higher taxes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:11 am

The chat-o-sphere has been abuzz lately about a proposal by Slate columnist Reihan Salam: The childless should pay higher taxes so that lower- and middle-income parents can pay less.

"The willingness of parents to bear and nurture children saves us from becoming an economically moribund nation of hateful curmudgeons. The least we can do is offer them a bigger tax break," writes Salam, who has no children himself.

And by "we" he specifically means any nonparent who makes more than the U.S. median income of roughly $51,000. They should bear a heavier tax burden, he argues.

The idea lit off some biting retorts along the lines of "Sure, I'll pay more, but then I want more say in how you raise your kids and how many more you're allowed to have."

But it also raises an interesting question: Just how many tax breaks do parents get?

The answer: About $171 billion a year's worth, according to a 2013 estimate from the Tax Policy Center.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/07/pf/taxes/childless-parents-taxes/?google_editors_picks=true

OK, I'll pay, but only if I get to fuck your bitch as well... deal?
Back to top Go down

Idiot proposes people without kids pay higher taxes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: According To AnCaps, The Idiot Of The Week Award Nominees Are...-