HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

So long sucker: Charlotte Mayor resigns after corruption charges

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

So long sucker: Charlotte Mayor resigns after corruption charges Vide
PostSubject: So long sucker: Charlotte Mayor resigns after corruption charges   So long sucker: Charlotte Mayor resigns after corruption charges Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 am

The mayor of the largest city in the US state of North Carolina has resigned, hours after he was arrested by the FBI on corruption charges.

So long sucker: Charlotte Mayor resigns after corruption charges _73836762_cannon

Newly elected Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon, 47, is accused of accepting more than $48,000 (£28,953) in bribes and gifts from undercover FBI agents.

He promised access to city officials in return, investigators said.

Mr Cannon faces up to 20 years in prison and $1 million in fines if convicted on theft and bribery charges.

"I regret that I have to take this action, but I believe that it is in the best interest of the City for me to do so," he wrote in his resignation letter.

According to a complaint filed in federal court, between 17 January 2013 and 21 February 2014, Mr Cannon accepted payments from undercover FBI agents on five separate occasions.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26755913#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa
Back to top Go down

So long sucker: Charlotte Mayor resigns after corruption charges

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-